In this beautiful home away from home, I Am Here is set in a tranquil location in the quiet suburb of Elermore Vale, just 15 minutes drive from Newcastle CBD. Guests of the house experience the warmth and care of compassionate staff and thrive in a relaxed environment offering individual respite packages tailored to their clinical and social needs. They also provide a service which sees community-based clients access varied and interesting daily activities and outings.
About I Am Here
Originally established in 1996 as Hunter Brain Injury Respite Options (BIRO) this seven bed home away from home, has become a special place for guests and carers with its modern care facilities and sensory garden nestled amongst relaxed outdoor entertaining areas. Offering 24/7 respite services for adults and children, the house provides care for guests with acquired/traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, physical, intellectual and other disabilities. I Am Here offers high quality short, mid and long term accommodation, giving carers and guests much needed respite from their everyday routine both in our house and in the community.
About the Opportunity
I Am Here is committed to the highest professional standards of practice and this role is integral to the success of the organisation. Working closely with the management team you will be required to
- Carry out practices in accordance with quality compliance and legislation and take action to rectify any unsafe or unprofessional practices. Oversee service delivery of all clinical care encompassing assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation for appropriate guest care both in the house and in our community
- Act as leader and clinical resource person to management, Disability Support Workers, guests and carers
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of meal planning and dietary needs
- Closely supervise and train staff in the safe administration of medications and proactively implement quality control systems
- Monitor and maintain professional standards in all aspects of care provision
- Adhere to and contribute to WHS policies and procedures at all times
- Ensure and manage all aspects of a Child Safe environment
You in the role
- A Registered Nurse Qualification
- Confident and competent with being accountable for quality clinical care provision
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train and mentor a team
- Proactive and positive in managing multiple tasks
- Experience building long lasting partnerships in the community and with other stakeholders
- Compassionate and empathetic whilst upholding high professional standards in all areas of health and well-being.
This role will attract a client-centred care professional who is proud of their contribution to the well-being of guests and know that the success of I Am Here is underpinned by their ability to provide the highest standards of care at all times.
If you would like a full job description please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please forward your resume by clicking on the link below.