- State Government Contract
- 3 months
- Located in Tamworth
Procurement Support Officer provides accounting services in one of the following areas; Account receivables, public monies and debt recovery Accounts payable and purchasing cards, Procure-to-pay, Vendor Data Administration, Performance and governance, finance systems and banking systems and Statutory reporting.
In this role you will be supporting the daily activities of one of the customer-focused teams within Finance and Procurement team. This includes handling day-to-day duties, including:
- Electronic and manual processing and recording of journals
- Ensuring expenses and revenues are accurate, timely and compliant with legislative and departmental requirements
- Reconciliation of various bank and general ledger accounts such as accruals, prepayments, clearing accounts and ensuring other current asset and liability accounts are up to date
- Supporting the accuracy of the Department's financial records
- Ensuring supplier invoices are paid on time and debt is collected when due
- Resolving invoice and purchase order discrepancies a timely manner
- Ensuring the system master data is up to date, accurate and compliant with legislative and departmental requirements
- Ensuring reporting is timely, meaningful and accurate
- Ensuring all receipts and payments are appropriately allocated and reconciled
- Internal and external stakeholders are well informed of Finance and Procurement processes and comply with requirements
- Service levels are supported and adhered to.
- Participating in continuous improvement programs as required.
- Maintaining service levels and high-level customer satisfaction in a high volume, diverse and fast paced environment.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have:
Demonstrated experience in a high volume accounts/finance environment with a focus on accounts payable and receivable
- A strong eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service focus.
- Previous experience ERP systems or SAP would be highly regarded.
Please forward your resume and covering letter no later than Friday 17th July.