- 3 month contract with a major energy provider
- Immediate Start
- Haymarket Location
In this role you will be responsible to facilitate the prompt and durable recovery from workplace injuries/illnesses by performing all activities associated with the case management health and injury management claims within a regulatory framework whilst minimising the organisation's financial liability.
You will be responsible for:
- Contribute to the broader health and safety strategy.
- Perform end‐to‐end case management of claims.
- Undertake claims investigations and recommend solutions for resolution.
- Contribute towards compensation and payment associated with claims in line with legislative requirements.
- Facilitate information management under the guidance of the manager to resolve litigated claims such as instructing legal advisors.
- Provide advice and guidance to leaders and employees regarding workers compensation and health/injury management issues.
- Assist with the development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, strategies, awareness and education programs to improve the outcomes of workplace injuries.
- Maintain industry knowledge to ensure currency of processes and decision‐making.
- Review incident/injury and health related data and assist with the development, implementation, evaluation and improvement of performance reporting against organisational targets.
- Develop and maintain effective and sustained engagement with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and protect self‐insurer licenses.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be directed by your Manager, in line with the Work Level Standards for this role.
The successful candidate will have:
- Significant experience in a similar role within a large organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential issues.
- Significant knowledge of legislation, codes, industry best practice, policies and procedures related to workers compensation, claims management and injury management.
- Proven analytical, research and problem solving skills.
- Well developed communication skills with the proven ability to build effective relationships and ability to negotiate and influence stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate self, and apply time management skills effectively to manage a demanding case load of workers compensation claims.
- Advanced level computer literacy including the ability to use custom databases.
*Application close 5:00pm, by Tuesday 10th March 2020*